My artist for this journal is
There are precious few glass artists on DA, at least compared to photographers and traditional and digital artists. So it's a joy to once in a while come across an artist of her caliber. I love her inspired and elegant lampwork beads!
Well, I have lots of glass-news, both on the huge and on the minute scale.
On the huge scale I have just finished my largest and most ambitious stained glass window ever, and it is now sitting pretty in a breakfast nook picture window in Georgia giving a great friend of mine a daily morning lift over coffe. My husband made a blog about how it all came together. [link]
I think I must have spent easily up to 100 hours in our garage scoring, cutting, grinding, foiling and soldering it all together. Mercifully we got an attic fan installed half-way through the process, or the Dallas dog-days of summer would have shrivelled me up to the size of a small cicada... As you can guess, our garage has no AC!
Also, I have found a bead store that is now happy to carry my wing-bracelets. If you come to Dallas, Texas and find yourself in beautiful Grapevine, stop by at "Beads on the Vine" on 314 S. Main Street. You'll see 27 of my beauties in the front window display (unless some have sold already). For example Grapefest from September 11 to 14 would be a capital time to visit, soak up the sun, the wine and go shopping...
Here is their website, though the bracelets are not in their online store. www.beadsonvine.com
Next week I'll be off for my birthday hopping around the Texas Hill Country and visiting the wineries there. I sooooo need a vacation!
* If you ask me to make artwork available as a print, please check if it uses copyrighted material. DA will not take print submissions that are based on such materials. This means, no prints of drawings based on movies or TV shows like the Harry Potter Movies, Brokeback Mountain, CSI etc. If you want a drawing as a print please note me instead.
* Commission status:
- Art trades with LadyBlacksword - silver bracelet and bead bracelet finished and ready for shipping
- Snake jewelry set for Arinya13 - on hold
- Earrings for Fairydivine art trade - received
- Zaphiria Bracelet and Lily of the Moon for Golubaja - received
- Jewelry commission status: currently closed, I just don't have the time, sorry!
- Enter the Dragon 7 for jessa - received
- Fawn and a thestral for Riabhach - received
- Drawing commission status: currently closed, I just don't have the time, sorry!
If you want to know more about my art: did a great interview with me. [link]
Create your own visitor map!
My Photography and Terragen account